- Srimad Bhagavatham
Once a woman selling fruit was calling, “O inhabitants of Vrajabhumi, if you want to purchase some fruits, come here!” Upon hearing this, Krishna immediately took some grains and went to barter as if He needed some fruits. While Krishna was going to the fruit vendor very hastily, most of the grains He was holding fell. Nonetheless, the fruit vendor filled Krishna’s hands with fruits, and her fruit basket was immediately filled with jewels and gold.
Srimad Bhagavatham 10.11.11-12
- Purport by Srila Prabhupada:
“The fruit vendor, although a woman belonging to the poor aborigine class, dealt with Krishna with great affection, saying, “Krishna, You have come to me to take some fruit in exchange for grains. All the grains have fallen, but still You may take whatever You like.” Thus she filled Krishna’s palms with whatever fruits He could carry. In exchange, Krishna filled her whole basket with jewels and gold.
From this incident one should learn that for anything offered to Krishna with love and affection, Krishna can reciprocate many millions of times over, both materially and spiritually. The basic principle involved is an exchange of love. Therefore Krishna teaches in Bhagavad-gita (9.27):
yat karoshi yad ashnaasi / yaj juhoshi dadaasi yat
yat tapasyasi kaunteya / tat kurushva mad-arpanam
“O son of Kunti, all that you do, all that you eat, all that you offer and give away, as well as all austerities that you may perform, should be done as an offering unto Me.”
“With love and affection, one should try to give something to Krishna from one’s source of income. Then one’s life will be successful.” – Srila Prabhupada
Please donate to iskcon Chennai annadaan .
kindly Scan the QR Code using paytm app
or click the below link to pay to ISKCON food for life
Donate towards Anna Dan
Everyday about 200 people visit the temple and on Sundays about 1500 people visit the temple. You can contribute to the donna prasadam that is given to all visitors at Rs.7/- per donna. To contribute to the Sunday lunch that is given to about 1000 visitors, please contact us.
Donate towards Deity Archana
From 4am to 9pm, various worship and bhoga are offered to the deities. Donate Rs.15,000/- and sponsor all the worship of the day. To offer a donation every month without fail, join the Nitya Seva program.
Become a Life Patron of ISKCON
The ISKCON Life Patronship program was introduced in early 1970’s as an opportunity to become part of ISKCON’s family by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. He invited everyone across the world to take advantage of residing in ISKCON temples all over the world for a couple of days, attend spiritual programs and receive Krishna conscious association. Presently more than 1 million life patrons are part of ISKCON’s family. Taking ISKCON Life Patronship From This Temple is valid for all Official ISKCON Branches.
By Taking ISKCON Life membership, you will be entitled to receive the following benefits:
- You receive great opportunities to serve Lord Krishna and thus express your gratitude to him.
- You will receive a centrally issued hologram card with your photo and patron number along with an updated comprehensive list of ISKCON centers around the world.
- A set of books by His Divine Grace A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. Available in English, Tamil or Hindi
- A monthly newsletter
- Invitation to festivals and events of ISKCON Chennai. On Janmashtami life patrons are given special darshan facility and prasadam.
- Japa Mala and beadbag to chant Hare Krishna mahamatra
- Your donation is tax exempt under section 80-G of the income tax act, 1961. (India) and 501(C)3 in the United States.
- Your donation will help propagate Krishna consciousness all over the globe.
- You are welcome to stay in any ISKCON center all over the world for free, for three days in a year. Maintenance charges may apply in some centers. All accommodation is subject to availability and only with confirmed advance reservation. This applies to accommodation in a single room of the patron, spouse and children below 18 years of age, and dependent parents above 60 years of age.
You can remit the life patronship amount of Rs.51,111/- by cheque in favour of ISKCON Chennai or by bank transfer. You can also remit the donation in three installments. Contact our representative on 044-65150250 for more details.