There are charity marathons to help the needy people. What ISKCON conducts every year, is the Gita marathon to give to people this most interesting literature of all times.
The Bhagavad-gita is a priceless gift to those who are faced with financial crisis, those who are in any kind of misery, those who are just curious and those who are well aware that the Bhagavad-gita is a storehouse of timeless knowledge.
How do we know who is just waiting for the Gita? We can hardly know because what goes on in the mind of each person is hidden from us. Therefore, we just need to hand out the Gita to each and everyone. And what better time to reach out the Gita to each and every one than the month when the Bhagavad-gita was spoken?
December is traditionally the month when ISKCON devotees make a special effort to distribute Srila Prabhupada’s books. His Grace Vijaya das, ISKCON Minister for Book Distribution, explains why: “Srila Prabhupada has given us so much. He once said, ‘You cannot repay me for what I have given you, I have given you Krsna. But if you want to try, then distribute books.’ Prabhupada’s life was writing and distributing books, so if you want to do something to show your gratitude, distribute some books. People are suffering and this knowledge will free them from so much suffering and help them experience the unlimited happiness of Krsna consciousness.”
Join us in the Gita Marathon.
Help us reach out the Bhagavad-gita As It Is
to 15,000 people this year.
How can you participate in the marathon?
1. Join us as a volunteer in distributing the Bhagavad-gita to people
2. Get several copies of Bhagavad-gita As It Is from us and gift them to friends, relatives, company staff or to libraries, old age homes and hospitals
3. Make a donation for copies of Bhagavad-gita As It Is to be distributed free or at subsidised rates.
4. Give us permission to set up a table at your office or factory or performance hall where we can show the Bhagavad-gita and other books to people and give them the option of getting a copy.
5. Book our seven session-two hour seminar “Discover Your Self” which unfolds the basic teachings of the Gita for a group of at least twenty people.
6. Let us know of events and avenues where we can reach the Bhagavad-gita As It Is to several people.
Contact Bhakta Anil Kumar (Sankirtan department) on 8939494087 or Mrs.Mohana 9282157776.
Respected Prabhujis and Matajis,
Please accept my humble obeisances! All Glories to sri Guru and Gauranga All Glories to Srila Prabhupada
Every December ISKCON world focuses all attention on distribution of transcendental literature, something we all know was so close to Srila Prabhupada’s heart. Indeed, he said it gave him life. When a new book was printed, Prabhupada felt as though he had conquered an empire. He told one disciple – “the best of me is in my books.”
This year Sankirtan team is aiming to distribute More Number of books for the pleasure of Srila Prabhupada!
We Officially inaugurating Srila Prabhupada Book Marathon on 12 November (Sunday) in Presence of His Holiness Bhanu Swamy Maharaj at 10:00 am in Temple Hall.
This Sankalpa form offer to Srila Prabhupada and to Sri Sri Radha Krishna Deity’s By His Holiness Bhanu Swamy Maharaj
Srila Prabhupada Book Marathon 2017 – My Sankalpa
My Sankalpa or Personal commitment for Book Marathon 2017 will be offered by HH Bhanu Maharaj to Srila Prabhupada and Deities on 12 November 2017 at 10:00am.