AKSHAYA TRITIYA 14th MAY 2021
Sri Radha Krishna temple’s 9th Anniversary year
Celebrating ISKCON Chennai Sri Sri Radha Krishna temple ‘s 9th anniversary
year on the auspicious day of Akshaya tritiya – 14th May 2021
Hare Krishna .
Akshaya Tritiya is regarded as one of the most auspicious days for new
beginnings. This festival occurs on the third day (Tritiya) of the bright
fortnight (Shukla Paksha) in the month of Vaishakha every year. The word
‘Akshaya’ in Sanskrit means inexhaustible, that which is unlimited or
everlasting. Thus this festival is a celebration of unending happiness,
peace and prosperity.
What is the significance of Akshaya Tritiya? Apart from the rush to purchase
gold there are many other reasons why this day is very significant. Some of
the commonly known reasons are listed below. We also give you a list of
seven least known facts.
Significance of Akshaya Tritiya –
(1) Lord Parashurama appeared on this day
(2) River Ganges descended to Earth on this day
(3) This day marks the beginning of Treta-yuga
(4) Sudama visited Krishna at Dwaraka
(5) The Pandavas received Akshaya Patra from the Sun God
(6) Vyasadeva started composing Mahabharata on this day
(7) Adi Shankaracharya composed Kanakadhara Stotram on this day
(8) Kubera received his wealth and position as custodian of wealth, and
(9) Goddess Annapoorna Devi appeared on this day.
Since we are again in lock down period due to second wave of covid 19
pandemic, and no one is able to visit the temple to take darshan on this
auspicious day and contribute donation directly, devotees can still do it
online and get the lords unlimited mercy.
As we all know from the scriptures that donating on the day of Akshaya
trittiya to deities and temple will bring lots of spiritual benefits, please
dont miss this great opportunity.
Prayers will be offered to Sri Sri Radha Krishna for the good health and
welfare of every donor.
ISKCON Chennai Temple Management